Here you will find important information about your stay at Hotel Richard Löwenherz in Dürnstein. For further questions and concerns we are available via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone +43 2711 222.
- Is a booking cancellation free of charge?
Until 14 days prior to arrival, cancellation is free of charge
13-7 days prior to arrival 50%
From 7 days prior to arrival 90 %
In case of delayed arrival, early departure, or no-show 100%
- Which credit cards are accepted?
Cash payment is preferred; Visa, V Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, JCB, Union Pay and American Express are accepted
- Do you offer a discount for longer stays?
For a stay of 5 or more nights, we offer a discount of 5% and from 10 nights we offer a discount of 10%, which cannot be combined with other discounts or packages.
- Are children welcome at the hotel?
Children are heartily welcome at the hotel. There is also a playground 300 meters away.
- Are pets allowed at the hotel?
Your pet is allowed at the hotel, but not in the convent garden and in the breakfast room.
- Is the hotel barrier-free?
Most of the rooms are barrier-free, but the rooms and the bathrooms are not suitable for wheelchairs.
Our restaurant is barrier-free!
02. Check-in / Check-out
- When can I check-in?
Check-in is from 3 p.m.
Check-out is by 11 a.m.
You can deposit your luggage at the reception if needed.
- Is a late check-out possible?
Based on availability, a late check-out is possible for a fee of € 50,-
- In case of earlier arrival or late departure, can I deposit my luggage somewhere?
You can deposit your luggage at the reception.
- How do I get to the hotel?
You can reach us by car or by public transport- regular bus connection from Krems (train station) to Dürnstein. If desired, we will collect your luggage at the bus station. Taxis are also available at the train station in Krems.
- How far away is the next railway station?
The next railway station is at a distance of 500 m, but unfortunately there is no regular train connection.
- How far away is the next airport?
The next airport is in Vienna-Schwechat – at a distance of about 100 km. From the airport there is a comfortable train connection to St.Pölten, where you can take the train to Krems.
- Is free parking available?
We offer free parking spaces in the inner courtyards for our hotel guests free of charge.
- Are there any seminar rooms at your hotel? If so, how many people can they accommodate?
Several seminar rooms provide space for up to 50 persons.
- Am I able to read my usual newspaper at your hotel?
Presse, Süddeutsche, FAZ, Zürcher and International New York Times are available at the reception.
- Is there Wi-Fi at your hotel? How much does it cost?
We offer Wi-Fi free of charge in the whole hotel.
- Am I allowed to smoke in the hotel? Is there a designated smoking area?
Smoking is allowed in the hotel lobby by the open fireplace.
- Can I buy cigarettes at your hotel?
Unfortunately we do not sell cigarettes.
- Are children welcome at your hotel?
Of course children are welcome at our hotel.
- Do you have a special children's program? Is there a playground nearby?
Our hotel does not provide a children's program but the public playground is about 300 m from the hotel.
- Is the swimming pool heated?
Our pool is not heated - perfect to cool down on a hot summer day.
- Do you provide bathrobes and towels? Are they free of charge?
Yes, in the rooms there are bathrobes and towels for the pool free of charge.
- Is it possible to book a massage?
You can book a masseuse, who will treat you in your room.
- Are pets allowed at your hotel?
Your pets are welcome, but they are not allowed in the convent garden and in the breakfast room.
- Are rental bikes available?
We have rental bikes at the hotel, and we can arrange e-bikes on request.
- Do you have rooms with connecting doors?
The hotel offers 2 rooms with connecting doors.
- Do you provide antiallergic bed linens?
Yes, we can provide antiallergic bed linens upon request.
- Does the hotel / restaurant have air-conditioning?
No, our hotel does not have air-conditioning because the temperature decreases at night.
- When are the opening times of your restaurant?
Lunch is from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Our restaurant is closed on Wednesdays. We are happy to give you suggestions at the reception for these days.
- Is breakfast included in the room rates?
Yes, our room rates include breakfast. Breakfast is from 7.30 to 10 a.m.
- Is it also possible to book a half-board menu?
For groups for at least 20 persons, we also offer a half-board menu at a rate of € 40,- per person.
- Are special foods also offered for diets?
On request, lactose-free, gluten-free as well as vegetarian and vegan dishes are available.
- Can we marry at your hotel?
Yes, of course!
- How many persons are able to attend my wedding celebration / birthday clebration?
Up to 50 persons can partake in your festivity.
- Is there a mini bar at my room?
No. Room service is available, and sparkling water is at your disposal for free in your room.
- Can you recommend any wineries nearby?
We will gladly inform you at our hotel about wineries that are worth visiting.
- Do you offer wine tastings at your hotel?
At the hotel we do not offer wine tastings, but there are weekly wine tastings and tours through the wine cellar at the Domäne Wachau.
- Are there any shopping possibilities in Dürnstein?
In Dürnstein there are a few boutiques and many souvenir shops. In Krems there is a greater variety of shops.
- What are the most beautiful hike and bike trails?
We recommend hiking and biking on the "Welterbesteig" and on the "Donauradweg".
- How far is the nearest cash machine?
The nearest cash dispenser is 500 m from the hotel.
- Which tourist attractions should I to visit?
The monastery of Dürnstein, ruins of the castle of Dürnstein, the abbey of Melk, the abbey of Göttweig - for more information click here.
- Does an event guide for the Wachau exist?
To the event guide
- How far is the nearest golf course?
The nearest golf course is the "Golfclub Lengenfeld", which is about 20 km from our hotel.
- Do we get a special discount?
The golf course offers a green fee discount for our hotel guests.