Frequently asked questionsFAQ
Here you will find important information about your stay at Hotel Richard Löwenherz in Dürnstein.
- Can a booking be cancelled free of charge?
Up to 7 days prior to arrival a rebooking or cancellation can be made free of charge.
6 to 4 days prior to arrival 50 % cancellation fee will be charged.
From 3 days prior to arrival 90 % cancellation fee will be charged.
Late arrival, early departure or no-show will be charged with 100 % cancellation fee.
Cancellations or changes of reservations will only be accepted in writing.
- Is a change of reservation possible?
If there are any changes to your travel plans, you are welcome to rebook your reservation (except for non-cancellable rates). This may result in changes to the room rate.
- What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, Visa, V Pay, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express.
- Is there a discount for a longer stay?
For stays of 5 nights or more you will receive a 5 % discount and for stays of 10 nights or more you will receive a 10 % discount on the room rate.
Cannot be combined with other discounts or packages.
- Are children welcome at the hotel?
Of course, children are very welcome at our hotel. There is also a public children's playground 300 m away.
- Are pets allowed at the hotel?
Pets are welcome at the hotel for a fee of € 15,00 per night. Pets are not allowed in the monastery garden or at breakfast.
- Is the hotel barrier-free?
Most of the rooms are barrier-free, but the rooms and the bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
Our restaurant is barrier-free!
02. Check-in / Check-out
- From when are the rooms available?
Check-in is from 3.00 p.m.
- Can I leave my luggage if I arrive early or leave late?
You are welcome to leave your luggage at the reception. No liability is assumed.
- Until when are the rooms to be used on the day of departure?
We kindly ask you to vacate your room by 11.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
If you are leaving later, you are welcome to leave your luggage at reception.
- Is there the possibility of a late check-out?
In case of availability, we will gladly allow you a late check-out. Until 4.00 p.m. it is possible for a fee of € 50,00, after that we allow ourselves to charge € 100,00.
- Where can I find information on the current regulations regarding the coronavirus?
On the website of Österreich Werbung you will find all information at a glance.
- How do I get to the hotel?
You can reach us by car. If you do not want to travel with your own vehicle, you can reach us by using one of the following public transport:
There is a regular bus connection between Krems on the Danube and Dürnstein (bus stop parking east) or in the summer months with the Wachau Railway. Alternatively, you can take a taxi directly from Krems train station.
- How far away is the next railway station?
The next railway station is at a distance of 500 m, but unfortunately there is no regular train connection.
- How far away is the next airport?
The next airport is in Vienna-Schwechat – at a distance of about 100 km. From the airport there is a comfortable train connection to St.Pölten, where you can take the train to Krems.
- Is free parking available?
Free parking is available for our hotel guests in our two courtyards (1 parking space/room).
No liability is assumed for parked vehicles.
- Is there Wi-Fi at your hotel?
We offer Wi-Fi free of charge in the whole hotel.
- Are children welcome at your hotel?
- Of course children are welcome at our hotel.
- Do you have a special children's program? Is there a playground nearby?
Our hotel does not provide a children's program but the public playground is about 300 m from the hotel.
- Is the swimming pool heated?
Our pool is not heated - perfect to cool down on a hot summer day.
- Do you provide bathrobes and towels? Are they free of charge?
Yes, in the rooms there are bathrobes and towels for the pool free of charge.
- Is it possible to book a massage?
You can book a masseuse, who will treat you in your room.
- Are pets allowed at your hotel?
Your pets are welcome, but they are not allowed in the convent garden and in the breakfast room.
- Are rental bikes available?
For an exploration tour through the Wachau, 8 city bikes (€ 14.00 per bike and day) and 2 e-bikes (€ 34.00 per bike and day) are available.
A covered bicycle parking space is available for your own bikes free of charge. No liability is assumed for parked bicycles.
- Do you have rooms with connecting doors?
The hotel offers 2 rooms with connecting doors.
- Do you provide antiallergic bed linens?
Yes, we can provide antiallergic bed linens upon request.
- Does the hotel / restaurant have air-conditioning?
Thanks to solid masonry and good insulation, we do without energy-intensive air conditioning systems for the sake of the environment. The moderate climate and the fresh, cool air on the Danube are already good conditions for a pleasant indoor climate. Thanks to our unique location, you can enjoy the peace and quiet without any street noise.
With simple measures, there is no need for air conditioning even on hot summer days:
- Ventilate extensively in the cool morning hours
- Keep windows closed and draw curtains during the day
- In the evening, open the windows for ventilation - don't forget to turn off the lights
- At night, with the window open or tilted, the cool fresh air enters your room
- When are the opening times of your restaurant?
MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY
16.00 p.m. to 22.30 p.m.
SUNDAY AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY
12.00 p.m. to 22.30 p.m.
Kitchen closing time 21.30 p.m.
- Is breakfast included in the room rates?
Yes, our room rates include breakfast buffet. Breakfast is from 7.30 to 10.00 a.m.
- Is it also possible to book a half-board menu?
On request, we are happy to offer groups a 3-course half-board menu at a price of € 40.00 or a 4-course half-board menu at a price of € 47.00 per person.
- Are there also gluten-free pastries for breakfast?
We are happy to prepare gluten-free, lactose-free, vegetarian and vegan dishes for you on request.
- Is there a minibar in the room?
- No. We are happy to serve coffee and drinks in your room. You will find a bottle of mineral water in your room as a welcome gift.
- Is the restaurant barrier-free?
Our restaurant is barrier-free.
- Do you offer wine tastings at your hotel?
At the hotel we do not offer wine tastings, but there are weekly wine tastings and tours through the wine cellar at the Domäne Wachau.
- Are there any shopping possibilities in Dürnstein?
In Dürnstein there are a few boutiques and many souvenir shops. In Krems there is a greater variety of shops.
- What are the most beautiful hike and bike trails?
We recommend hiking and biking on the "Welterbesteig" and on the "Donauradweg".
- How far is the nearest cash machine?
The nearest cash dispenser is 500 m from the hotel.
- Which tourist attractions should I to visit?
The monastery of Dürnstein, ruins of the castle of Dürnstein, the abbey of Melk, the abbey of Göttweig - for more information click here.
- Does an event guide for the Wachau exist?
To the event guide
- How far is the nearest golf course?
The nearest golf course is the "Golfclub Lengenfeld", which is about 20 km from our hotel.
- Do we get a special discount?
The golf course offers a green fee discount for our hotel guests.