Cycling in the WachauGet on and set off
This is an excursion in a phenomenal world that almost seems surreal. There are the shores of the majestic Danube, gentle mountains, forests, old castle ruins, and Baroque fairy-tale palaces. Here at Hotel Richard Löwenherz, we are the perfect starting point for unforgettable moments on 2 wheels!
- Danube Cycle Path right at the hotel
- 8 Citybikes & children's bikes
- € 12 per bike and day
- Helmets & children's seats available
- Bookable at the reception desk
- Covered bicycle parking space for own bicycles available
- E-bike rental at Hotel Schloss Dürnstein +43 2711 212
Bike tours in the Wachau
Orchard bike tour (ca. 2 hrs.)
You will cross the Danube on a ferry. From Rossatz, you will reach Arnsdorf by heading upstream through orchards and vineyards. Here, the ferry will take you back to Spitz. The path leads back along quiet village roads and towpaths to Dürnstein.
Weinstein tour - the MTB route in the Wachau
"Stone and wine": this one-of-a-kind mountain bike tour leads among the Wachau vineyards, over the peaks of the surroundings mountains, and through the forests of the southern Waldviertel. On this tour, you can enjoy the diversity of the unique landscape of the Wachau and Waldviertel.