Richard the Lionheart is said to have been the first true guest of note in Dürnstein. What this illustrious English King enjoyed eight centuries ago - albeit, in his case, somewhat involuntarily - awaits you in an almost unchanged state: namely, one of the most beautiful, pristine river landscapes in Europe, tucked into the green hills of the Waldviertel ("forest district") and the Dunkelsteinerwald ("dark stone forest").
- Living in a historic ambience overlooking the Danube
- In the center of the medieval town Dürnstein
- Convent garden with swimming pool for relaxing
- Terrace overlooking the Danube and the historic Dürnstein
- In the middle of the beautiful World Heritage Wachau
Holidays, where guests come first ...
Here, in the soul of the Wachau, where the mild and sunny climate bestows its blessings not just on the vineyard grapes the Thiery family extends a royal welcome to their guests. The hotel radiates the unique atmosphere of a former convent of the Clares, right on the banks of the Danube. In the Restaurant Löwenherz you will be pampered with culinary delights and a fine selection of wines.
Host of tradition & passion
The hotel has done justice to its royal name ever since - as Hotel Richard the Lionheart, where each and every guest is treated royally.